Friday, October 26, 2012

Krazy? More like PSYCHO Glue!

I am an adult. I know how to read directions. However, that does not mean that I always follow them.

Case in point: Last night’s encounter with Krazy Glue.


It’s not all my fault! I live in a society where there’s an antidote to everything. Instant gratification nation, yo. Don’t like something? Change it, fix it, get rid of it. Wham bam thank you ma’am.


However. However.


The warning label on Krazy Glue should be much more threatening. Should be highlighted in neon yellow (I would say pink, but I think that might clash with the red and green). It should read CAUTION in no less than size 20, Times New Roman font.


(I was also going to say that they should not sell the stuff to non-adults...but, like I mentioned earlier - I am, unfortunately, one of those. I forget sometimes.)


Needless to say, I should not - not ever - be allowed to use that stuff.
Last night I was gluing part of a vintage ring back together. And of course in my overbearing, overeager, overcompensating clumsiness, I squeezed the crap outta that difficult-to-squeeze, tricky little tube.

And it went all over the place.

I watched it drip down the sides of the ring as I cleverly (so I thought) pinched the pieces I was gluing together with my best tweezers.

Not only did that stinky shit get all over my tweezers, IT GOT ALL OVER MY FINGERS (sorry ya can’t see it too well in the pic).


And it’s still there. The tips of both index fingers and middle fingers were covered in the crap. But little did I care, I thought I was totes in the clear - hello nail polish remover!

Sadly, I was mistaken. Nail polish remover does not in any way make you invincible to the wrath of Krazy Glue.


What a naïve little dummy I was. Maybe it was non-acetone. But still, whateverrrr.
Didnt help one iota. My fingers felt like they had been dipped them in battery acid - I lost all sensation below the affected skin. Poor things looked like little shiny snakeskin’s.I tried scrubbing with a Dobie, a pumice stone, dish soap. I used my sad, glue-covered tweezers in an attempt to pick it off. But that stuff don’t peel. It don’t budge.

After all that poking and picking and prodding, my fingertips were fairly sore. And red. That’s when I got the brilliant idea to perform outpatient surgery on myself. To cut - with nail clippers - the glue off.

Finally - finally - something worked (...a little). But not without PAIN. I clipped a fair amount of skin off. Boy did it hurt.

And yet...the g-d glue is still spotty in some places! UGH!

It goes without saying that I will be steering very, very clear of the Krazy Glue from now on. That stuff is psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment