Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summertime and the Livin's Stressful Easy

Well I think everyone concurs – it hasn’t been a great summa weather-wise so far. (I count summer as Memorial-Labor Day…duh.)

However, if there’s one thing that bugs me MORE THAN THIS STUPID, EFFING RAIN – it’s that summer weekends fill up before Memorial Day even hits. It’s ridiculous! Outrageous! Annoying! Anxiety-inducing!

And yet…and yet…there’s no avoiding it.

It’s practically laughable.
A few of us were sitting around a couple weeks ago, trying to pick a Sunday for some extracurricular activities (the nature of which shan’t be mentioned, I leave it up to your creative little minds…but you should totes be jeals).

There we were, going through the calendars on our iPhones (so gross), and it was positively preposterous how each of us has something to do, somewhere to be, every single weekend.

I do not tell a lie.

It’s so frustrating how you look forward to summatime all year round – especially after this miserable winter/spring – but with every weekend mapped out and no time for spontaneity and leisure, it’s gone in a POOF! Ugh!

Now. I want ya’ll to know that I’m NOT complaining by ANY means. I’m deeply grateful and suuuuper pumped that I’ll be spending a few long weekends in Cape Cod, Charleston, SC, and “down” that most lovely Jersey Shore.

And, of course, let’s not forget about the ole country home in CT where there will be some camping – or should I say “glamping” – trips and boating excursions and shopping jaunts (please, Papa P!!!)

Oh, and I LOOOOOOVE summer hours at work. There really is nothing better than getting out at 12:30 on Friday afternoon.
So no, I’m not bemoaning the busy factor. But rather the fact that there is something to do every single weekend, then summer is over. O-V-E-R. Before it’s even “officially” even begun! 

Wamp wamp. 

Why can’t it be summer all year round? Why do we have to pack a year’s worth of merriment and revelry and debauchery into three short months?
It’s so unfair!!!!!

[Insert snot-dripping sad face.]

No comments:

Post a Comment