Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cacophonous Kiddies

Yes. It is 3:10am. Indeed it is. And I am on Blogger.

Why, you might ask? No. No, it's not because I'm just so excited about today's blog that I couldn't sleep. I'm not that devoted.

It's because apparently I missed the memo that TODAY is in fact Mardi Gras, not February 24th like I had originally thought.

Either that or those spoiled NYU kiddies are just soooo excited they graduated, they felt the need to wake up the entire neighborhood.


After a lovely evening of $6.50 pitchers, beirut, and bcq's (buffalo chicken quesadillas...if you haven't tried, you haven't lived...and I don't think we can be friends anymore), I fell blissfully, tipsily asleep with my window open, a lovely breeze ruffling my shades. It was Friday, I'd had a delish din, and all was right with the world.

Insert record screeching sound effect.
WTFFFFFs, yo! Why oh why do people think it's OK to blaaaaast ridiculous music, shout, blast RIDICULOUS music, and shout??? It's a weeknight, ya brats. I've contemplated, in no particular order: screaming out the window for them to shut up (but I know from experience that this will rile them up even more); marching out there and yelling at them (but I'm far to passive for a confrontation such as that); calling the police (aren't there laws against noise?); having another beer (to ease me back into dreams of bcq's); closing the window (but the air is so nice!); taking some sort of sleeping aid (but I don't want to be groggy in the am!). 

Ugh, carefree little chillens. I hate you and your lack of responsibility, your jaunty jovialness, your sickening sunniness. But most of all, I envy your ability to get perfectly sauced on a Thursday night, party in the street, and wake up the entire neighborhood. 

I'm taking a Melatonin, shutting the window, and turning on my AC. I have to go to work in the morning. Night, ya jerks!
 

1 comment:

  1. you were that brat kiddie at one time... see ya in a few

    ReplyDelete