Monday, August 15, 2011

Drool: You SO Not Cool

Phew. What a rough couple of days. Thank you everyone for your sympathies, I greatly appreciate it. Here's the last picture taken of Coopie lounging on his bed:


At least we can all be grateful that everyone’s best buddy had a super fun Saturday and passed away in his sleep. That was so Cooper, not wanting to bother anyone or be a pain. Very dignified dog.

I, however, was not so very dignified. Which brings me to my next no dankes.

Drool.
I’m fairly – OK, very – self deprecating (in case you haven’t noticed). So I have no problem admitting that I fall victim to the deed of drooling every so often (at least it’s not snoring!) Especially lately. Perhaps it's because I'm getting up there in years.

Sunday night, however, the drool was dog-mourning-induced. I haven’t had a good cry in a very long time so my eyes/nose/mouth had fallen into disuse when it came to the waterworks being turned on.

And boy, were they working overtime. My nose was ridiculously stuffed and running all night – and we all know what happens when ya can’t breathe through your nose. YOU DROOL.

I awoke three times (that I can remember) to a faint tickle slithering down the side of my mouth. OK fine, I’ll admit that this has been happening fairly frequently, but the other night there was an exceptional amount of spillover spit. Thanks plugged up nose!
It's been happening so habitually that my hand now goes automatically to dab the dribble. Yes, this reflex has become (unfortunately) quite second nature. It's like I'm sleepwiping.

Is there a cure for drool? A pill that cements your mouth shut at night? A mouth guard? Head gear?

Although, on second thought, the notion of wearing an insufferable contraption to keep my mouth closed seems…uncomfortable. To say the least. I guess I’ll just deal with my little puddles of dried spittle – after all, I do wash my sheets every other week.

In retrospect, although he wasn’t really big on slobbering, it does make me feel a little closer to Coop. He’s passed on his drooly-flame to me. Thanks bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment